The embassy issues new passports and renews expired passports for eligible Sudanese citizens.
– Applicants are required to make a reservation for an appointment for this service, please click here to make an appointment.
– Applicants are required to appear in person at the date of appointment and bring with them a copy of their (expired) passport or national number.
– Applicants who have lost their passports are required to present a police report.
– $204 processing fees for adults, $104 processing fees applicants below age of 12.
– Please keep in mind that after the passport renewal procedures begin at the embassy, the passport will be printed in Sudan and then sent back to the embassy via diplomatic pouch, typically within a period of 30 to 45 days.
– To track the processing of your passport, please click here.
– Passport validity cannot be extended by seal or sticker.
– Applicants who wish to receive their processed documents in-person must present the transaction receipt and their ID.
– Applicants who wish to receive their processed documents by mail must furnish the embassy with a return envelope from USPS, FedEx, or UPS with a tracking number (postage/shipment must be paid by the applicant). Failure to provide a return envelope will result in delayed receipt of the processed documents.
– Please send mail applications to:
Embassy of the Republic of Sudan
2210 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
– The embassy accepts only the following forms of payment:
- U.S. Postal Money Order
- Company check
- Cashier’s check
– The embassy will not accept personal checks.
– Walk-in applicants may pay in cash. Credit/debit cards, however, are not accepted.
– Please make all payments payable to “Embassy of Sudan”.