No Objection Letter
No Objection Letter is a written authorization from the Sudanese father approving the issuance of proper identifications and passports for his child/children. This document will also be used to give permission to the mother or persons accompanying the child/children in departing Sudan. Please note that this letter of no objection should be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before presenting to the immigration authorities in Sudan.
- Filled out and signed No Objection Letter Application Form. Sign it in front of a notary public. If the notary public does not accept the document in Arabic, translate it in English and have that notarized. The filled out application form should still be submitted
- Proof of Sudanese Nationality (copy of Sudanese passport, copy of nationality certificate, copy of nationality ID card)
- Fee is $24 payable to Embassy of Sudan
- The normal processing time for No Objection Letter may take 7-10 business days. Please allow sufficient time to process applications.
- Applicants submitting their applications through our walk-in hours (Mon-Fri Hours: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM) may bring a self- addressed return envelope with the appropriate stamps for Express Mail, Priority Mail, FedEx, or UPS with tracking number, if documents/passports are to be mailed back.
- Applicants sending their applications by mail must furnish the Consular section of the Embassy with a return envelope with tracking no. using Express Mail, Priority Mail, FedEx, or UPS (postage/shipment paid by the applicant). Failure to send one may cause delay in the return of the passport(s).
- All flight itineraries are not considered as a means to expedite any no objection letter, and the Embassy doesn’t bear any responsibility for any changes that may occur in these flight arrangements as a result of delays.
- The Embassy only accepts U.S. money orders, company checks, or cashier’s checks. No personal checks will be accepted.
- For walk-in transactions, we accept cash (no credit or debit cards). All payments must be payable to the Embassy of Sudan.
Please send Applications to:
Embassy of the Republic of Sudan
2210 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
Tel No.: (202) 338-8565, Fax No.: (202) 667-2406
We only accept the following forms of payment:
If sending applications by mail:
U.S. Postal Money Order | Company Check |Cashier’s Check
All payments must be payable to the Embassy of Sudan.