The embassy issues birth certificates for new born children provided that their parents are of Sudanese origin.
– Filled-out and signed application form.
– Child’s birth certificate issued by competent U.S. Authority/hospital.
– Children born in a country other than the United States of America require their hospital birth certificates to be authenticated by the Embassy of the country where the child was born and then ath the Department of State.
– A copy of both parents’ Sudanese Identification document (Passport, National Number document, standard ID).
– A copy of parents’ marriage certificate/contract.
– $14 processing fees.
– Please allow 5 to 7 business days for processing.
– Applicants who wish to receive their processed documents by mail must furnish the embassy with a return envelope from USPS, FedEx, or UPS with a tracking number (postage/shipment must be paid by the applicant). Failure to provide a return envelope will result in delayed receipt of the processed documents.
– Please send mail applications to:
Embassy of the Republic of Sudan
2210 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
– The embassy accepts only the following forms of payment:
· U.S. Postal Money Order
· Company check
· Cashier’s check
– The embassy will not accept personal checks.
– Walk-in applicants may pay in cash. Credit/debit cards, however, are not accepted.
– Please make all payments payable to “Embassy of Sudan”.