Sudanese Nationals with American Passports
Visa Requirements (Sudanese holding American Passport)
Sudanese who are holding travel documents to re-enter the U.S.should also apply for an entry visa. Please note that copies of a Sudanese passport and U.S. Permanent Residence Card must accompany the visa application.
- Filled-out and signed Application Form (click here). Each applicant should fill out a separate form, even for children of all ages
- One (1) passport-sized photo is attached to the form
- Original U.S. passport (must be valid for at least 6 months)
- Proof of Sudanese Nationality (copy of Sudanese passport, copy of nationality certificate, copy of nationality ID card, or copies of the father/sibling Sudanese passport or ID)
- For applicants under 18 years old, we need a photocopy of the father’s Sudanese passport or Sudanese ID along with a letter written in Arabic giving his permission for the child/children to obtain a visa
- If the father is not traveling with the child/children, a No Objection Letter should accompany the visa application also a photocopy of the father’s Sudanese passport or ID (Please see No Objection Letter section)
- The fee is $54 payable to the Embassy of Sudan (each applicant even children)
- Applicants sending their applications by mail must furnish the Consular Section of the Embassy with a return envelope with tracking no. using Express Mail, Priority Mail, FedEx, or UPS (postage/shipment paid by the applicant). Failure to send one may cause delay in the return of the passport(s)
- Applicants submitting their applications through our walk-in hours ( Mon-Fri Hours: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm) may bring a self-addressed return envelope with the appropriate stamps for Express Mail, Priority Mail, FedEx, or UPS with tracking number if documents/passports are to be mailed back
The normal processing time for Visa Application may take 7-10 business days. Please allow sufficient time to process visa applications.
All flight itineraries are not considered as a means to expedite any visa, and the Embassy doesn’t bear any responsibility for any changes that may occur in these flight arrangements as a result of visa delays.
The Embassy only accepts U.S. money orders, company checks, or cashier’s checks. No personal checks will be accepted.
For walk-in transactions, we accept cash (no credit or debit cards). All payments must be payable to the Embassy of Sudan.
For mailing applications
Send Applications to:
Embassy of the Republic of Sudan
2210 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
We only accept the following forms of payment:
U.S. Postal Money Order | Company Check | Cashier’s Check
NO PERSONAL CHECKS
Make all payments payable to the Embassy of Sudan
Please remember to write clearly and complete the entire application form. Failure to do so may result in a longer processing time.